Ew Salad

I fucking love salads. But not like a weak healthy salad. Like salad with chicken and lots of dressing. I am very particular about my salads. Like I said before, cooking is therapeutic. And making salads is a very familiar, repetitive process. It helps with the control.

I like the process of washing the vegetables, drying them (cause we all know that everything needs to be dry otherwise the dressing does not stay on the veggies), cutting them, and seasoning them. 

People always think salads need to be healthy. Salads can be really good and filling. I like to pair salads with pasta or pizza as a fresh crunch to my meal. If I am going to just eat a salad, I will make a Caesar salad with chicken or shrimp and then garlic bread on the side. I don’t think salad should just be vegetables. It needs something substantial. It needs some sort of carbs or protein (even vegan proteins) to really fill you up. 

One of my favorite salads to make is a cucumber and tomato salad.

I cut up an entire cucumber into quarters and then I half cherry tomatoes. I’ll then add some diced-up red onion. I really like onion so I add a lot. I then add about a quarter squeezed lemon, a tablespoon or so of olive oil, and a healthy amount of balsamic vinegar. And when I saw healthy I don't mean like healthy, I meant like a lot. I’ll then season it with garlic pepper and any herbs I have handy.

This is my favorite salad and I will eat it all the time. I like to make it anytime I can. It is easy to make and easy to eat.


Comments

  1. I love the line that you put in here "people always think salads need to be healthy, they can be really good and filling" because that is SO TRUE!!! I love putting as much into my salad as I can, especially chicken because of how filling it is! I just had a salad yesterday and I got full off of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mentality when it comes to salads. I feel like there's almost some kind of weird stigma around salads, but they really are just another type of filling, delicious meal. They can be fun and easy to customize. I think you just inspired me to order a salad next time I go out, as it's not a punishment, it's just another normal option. Thanks so much for this new viewpoint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a salad lover!!! Although I am such a picky salad eater, at home my salads look like lettuce soaked in the olive garden Italian dressing and purple onions, that's it lol. The reasoning is that I am a very picky eater so there are minimal things I will eat. I also have never liked the tomato texture, not sure why so my salads have never had a tomato on them which many find odd.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Never Hated Food

carrot juice is a weird concept